Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Quick and Easy Blueberry Cobbler

Blueberry Cobbler out of the oven
I love cobbler!  I mean, I really really love cobbler.  Yet I had never made a cobbler.  Usually I make fruit crisps using oatmeal rather than cobblers which use flour.  The other day I decided to make my first cobbler.  I have to say, it was delicious, better than any restaurant cobbler I've had.  It was also easy.  You can use any fruit you want.  Peaches, pears, cherries, apples, blackberries, raspberries, or my favorite blueberries.

Blueberry Cobbler
makes 4 servings


Ingredients:

- 3 cups of frozen or fresh blueberries (I used organic frozen blueberries), if frozen, let thaw for about 20 minutes, thawing in the pan is fine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter, chilled

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place blueberries in an 8x8 baking pan.  Sprinkle with a tablespoon of sugar.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.  Slice the chilled butter and mix it into the dry ingredients.  It's best to use your hands.  Mix until it looks like crumbs.  Sprinkle flour mixture over blueberries.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven until lightly golden.  Serve with ice cream if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...