Monday, November 10, 2014

Halloween, Brother's Wedding, Life

I don't seem to ever have enough time to blog anymore. So when I do, I try and combine a few things in one. Princess enjoyed a fun 1st Halloween. I didn't purchase her an official costume but had a cute tiger suit she wore along with a Halloween onesie. My husband needed to make a trip out to see his parents who live 13 hours away. Since a 26 hour round trip car ride would be too much for a baby, he and  Blue Rock went together and had a fun guys trip.  Blue Rock dressed up as a dragon this year and I was told he wore his costume for a few minutes and knocked on one door. He told me when they got home that he wants to stay home for Halloween next year so he can go trick-or-treating with his friends in the neighborhood. They did have a good time, though. I wish Princess and I could have gone but I am so glad they both go to go and visit his parents. They are precious people!

While they were away, I invited a good friend of mine over for dinner and to watch a fun and silly Halloween movie. My cousin had come over earlier and she and her new baby stayed as well. We ate pizza, passed out candy to all the cute kids in the neighborhood, and watched a movie after I got Princess to bed. It was a fun girls night in. 

Before Halloween, I had taken the kids to Boo at the Zoo twice! Once with my sister and once with Collin. We also had a pumpkin carving party at our house and attended one. So we did several Halloween things before Halloween. I was sad that Blue Rock missed the two Halloween parties with our homeschool friends but I know he enjoyed seeing his grandparents. 

My younger brother just got married. His wedding was last weekend. In the car, on the way to the wedding,  Blue Rock threw up! We had to turn around and I helped him get undressed while my husband cleaned the car. I decided that Princess and I would go ahead and attend since my other siblings were unable to make it. It was a beautiful wedding and they are a sweet couple. I'm so happy that all of my siblings are happily married. Blue Rock never had a fever and seems better. I'm thinking it might have been something he ate. 

My sweet niece was just released from the NICU last week. She spent the first 7.5 months of her life there. She's still on oxygen and has a feeding tube but she's home. They have to really limit contact with her so I haven't seen her out of the NICU yet. I hope to soon.

I took the kids to see the play, Snow White a few weeks ago. This was Princess's first play. She fell asleep toward the end. Blue Rock enjoyed it. We're loving the cooler weather and have gone to the park with friends and are enjoying being outside. Our co-op group is growing and I'll post a picture of most of the people. That was the one day we had to miss this year because of the play we went to. 

Here are lots of pictures from the past few weeks!

My cousin and her baby. First time for the baby cousins to meet!

Opa and Princess
 
She loved her baby cousin
 
First Halloween

She kept crawling away so I put the bowl of candy in front of her

She ate none!

She loves walking


Our Jack-o-lantern pizza for our girls night in!

Blue Rock with his granddad

When the guys got back, the kids were so happy to see each other!

My grandmother, Dad, and daughter

Blue Rock helping me make a 6 different kind of apple pie

It was delicious

He does this quite often and I finally got a picture

Princess loves the piano

Picking out a bow for the wedding


Waiting for the bride

My parents

Princess's first wedding to attend, she's waiting for her new aunt


First look at his beautiful bride

Here comes the bride!

Lovely couple

















My husband did great on the pumpkin snowman


Boo at the Zoo with my sister



Love my kiddos!

She LOVES animals




Gracie's first train ride



At Snow White

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...