Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter. I love Easter. As a child, we didn't put any extra emphasis on Easter and the Passover since we celebrate Christ every day and take the Lord's Supper every Sunday. But as an adult, I'm enjoying adding a little extra fun during Easter and adding some special things that remind of us Jesus' resurrection, so it's more than a fun bunny holiday.

This was Blue Knight's first Easter. He was so cute and is such an awesome baby! Truly a happy and laid back baby. We hosted lunch for my family at my house. Our kids got an Easter basket on Easter morning. The baby was the first up and crawled right to his basket. I was amazed he knew which one was his. Princess was up next. She had two baskets, she really wanted a bunny basket so she got that one too and it had a pink bunny in it. When she saw it, she ask, "is this mine?" I said yes and she said, "Oh thank you!" What a sweet and cute girl I have! Blue Knight was up last, and he liked his basket too.

We did a neighborhood Easter egg hunt that I started a few years ago. I also got smaller plastic baskets for my niece and cousin's daughter who came over for our lunch as well as my kids. So the kids got to go on another Easter egg hunt. Sadly, we didn't make it to the Easter egg hunt at church. We were all worn out. Blue Rock was disappointed but I think he was understanding as well.

I didn't do everything I wanted to do with the kids this year but we did dye eggs, went through the dozen resurrection eggs, I made toddler resurrection eggs, and we read lots of Easter stories, about Christ, the Easter bunny, and spring. I also made an egg sensory bin and Princess did great identifying colors and sorting the eggs. I hope you all had a great Easter!























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...