Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pumpkin Patch and Chess Club Fun!

We really wanted to take our kids to a farm this year. However, Blue Knight is not a fan of the car and with all the allergies going around, we decided we'd wait another year and hopefully visit a real farm next year. So we decided to go to a local pumpkin patch in the city. We went last Saturday. We didn't have too much time to stay and play games since we had other plans in the afternoon. Blue Knight slept through most of it until I woke him up for pictures. We bought the biggest pumpkin they had so we could put Blue Knight in for some cute pictures. Blue Rock and Princess had fun.

Later that day, we took Blue Rock to his first chess club meeting. I decided to start a chess club and invited kids in one of our homeschool groups to join us. At first we were going to host it at our house but after 30 people said they were interested in coming, I decided to move the location to the library. 15 people came to our first meeting. That included a few moms and siblings. The kids had fun. Blue Rock is really good at chess and ended up winning all of the games he played. Such a smartie!

He found his pumpkin

Chess club

Blue Knight is 2 months old!

Dear Blue Knight,

These past two months you have grown so much! You are smiling and cooing and just absolutely adorable! You now wear size 2 diapers and size 3-6 months clothing. You still hate riding in the car. Hopefully that will get better as you grow. I don't like riding in the car very long either. You like music and looking at books and listening to music. You also seem to like taking baths which is nice. You also have started noticing different things in your room, including some animals on your wall. When we change your diaper, you look at and start smiling at the zebras on your wall. Some of the biggest smiles happen while you look at the zebras. You also love to look at me while I nurse you. You also like looking at and listening to the music on your mobile for short amounts of time.

It is hard for us to go many places. However, we took you to your first pumpkin patch the other day. You were asleep most of the time until I woke you up to get some pictures. We're looking forward to carving out a big pumpkin and getting some cute pictures of you in it next weekend at our pumpkin party.

Last Sunday was your first time to visit Bible class at church. You seemed to like it and ended up falling asleep. A sweet lady takes pictures of you and your friends on Sunday mornings and emails us them. We love seeing these pictures and watching you enjoy your class.  

You wake up 1-2 times in the middle of the night, which is great. You eat every two to three hours during the day. Except sometimes you'll want to eat every hour when it's getting closer to bedtime. Overall you are doing great! If nobody disturbs you, you can easily sleep until 10am. Typically you will take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon as well. About 75% of the time I can lay you in your crib. The other 25% of the time you want to be held during your nap. I treasure all the time I have with you.

Your 2 month appointment went great! You doctor said you are growing and developing wonderfully. Here are your stats:

Weight: 13 lbs, 12 oz (80%)
Height: 23.5 inches (75%)
Head: 39 cm (50%)

Here are some lovely pictures of you!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...