Friday, March 25, 2016

How to Make Resurrection Eggs for Young Children


As part of our Easter traditions, we go through the resurrection eggs each year. I have a set I bought a few years ago and we're going through that with the kids, but I was wanting something more bite sized for my toddler and something we could use for Blue Knight, next year. Blue Rock also made some resurrection eggs at school yesterday, which are awesome! He and Princess enjoyed going through those last night. However, I still wanted something that was a little shorter and bite sized for the younger kids. These Resurrection Eggs for Toddlers and younger kids are perfect!

This set took me 5 minutes, at the most to make. It uses six eggs, instead of twelve. Blue Rock and Princess were both able to tell me about each egg after going through it one time. It's a great way to really bring home the story of Jesus and tie it in with Easter.  



Start with six different colored plastic eggs. I found these faith-themed eggs at Walmart. Aren't my kids the cutest? 


Egg 1: "Jesus ate dinner with his friends." Luke 22:14-15. Put bread crumbs or a bread shape in this egg. I cut out a bread shape from felt.


Egg 2: "The next day, Jesus died on the cross." John 19:17-18. Put a cross in this egg. I cut out a cross from some felt. 


Egg 3: "He was wrapped in cloth and placed in a tomb." John 19:40. Put a piece of cloth in this egg. I used a piece of white felt. 


Egg 4: "A stone was placed in front of the tomb." Matthew 27:59-60. Find a nice rock and place in the egg.


Egg 5: "Jesus' friends came to teh tomb. The tomb was empty." Luke 24:1-3. Leave this egg empty. 


Egg 6: "Jesus is alive! That's the sweet surprise of Easter." Matthew 28:5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...