Salisbury Steak in the Instant Pot
4-6 hamburger patties (I used organic grass-fed patties)
1 onion, sliced
12 ounces of sliced mushrooms
1.5 cups beef broth
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
1 Tbs minced garlic, optional
- Brown the onions and mushrooms in olive oil in the Instant Pot for a few minutes, add garlic, salt, and pepper to taste, and continue browning until the mushrooms have shrunk in size and the onions are caramelized. Remove from IP.
- Season both sizes of the hamburger patties with steak seasoning. Brown the hamburger patties in batches.
- Add the hamburger patties back to the Instant Pot, cover with the onions and mushrooms, add the beef broth.
- Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- You can do slow or quick release, doesn't matter too much. Remove the steaks, onions, and mushrooms. Turn the IP to sautee. Add 2 Tbs of flour, a little at a time while you whisk it. Add 1 Tbs butter and continue whisking until the sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste in your gravy.
- Pour sauce over steaks and enjoy!