Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Instant Pot Creme Brulee Recipe

For my 12th anniversary my awesome husband bought me an Instant Pot IP Duo! My new kitchen helper is a 7-in-1 multi-functional cooker. It does a lot of amazing things! As I experiment cooking with my new friend, I'll share them with you from time to time. 

I made my first dessert in the Instant Pot. I actually made three things yesterday, 8 grain cereal, creme brulee, and a delicious roast. My Instant Pot Creme Brulee using the Pressure Cooker turned out great. It was super easy and only took about 25 minutes total. 5 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes in the pressure cooker, about 10 minutes while the valve slowly released the pressure. You'll need to let it cool down and put in the refrigerator for at least two hours before eating. 

Instant Pot Creme Brulee Recipe

Ingredients:

4 egg yokes
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla 
4 ramekins 

Directions:

Mix the egg yokes, heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture evenly among the four ramekins. Put foil on the top of each ramekin.  Put the little rack that came with your IP at the bottom of the bowl. Pour 2 cups of water in the instant pot. Place the ramekins in the instant pot, you can stack them if needed. Close the led and the make sure the valve is closed. Set the pressure on high for 10 minutes. Let it slow release for 10-15 minutes. Carefully remove the ramekins. Confirm the the creme brulee is set. Set out for about 15 minutes to cool some. Then put in the fridge for 2+ hours. Sprinkle with sugar and torch the sugar if you like. 


Before they were cooked




Ready for the fridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...