Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Busy Bags for 4-5 year olds


When we lived in Germany, I used to make busy bags for Blue Rock.  He was younger then but they were great on car rides and vacations.  It's been a while since I've made one.  A few weeks ago, one of our homeschool co-ops had a busy bag exchange for different age groups.  I decided to participate.  Sadly, we missed the play-date since it was on the day of my grandmother's funeral.  However, we were still able to share our bags and exchanged them with others.  I made 6 bags and got 6 bags.  Here are the bags we got!  I let Blue Rock do some of the activities but am saving others for a rainy day.  I hope to do another busy bag exchange sometime.  I'm feeling inspired to make more busy bags!

Pom Poms Number Matching Game - Use tongs to put the correct number of pom poms on each number card.



Counting Bugs in Jars - place the number of bugs to the matching number in the jar. This was one of his favorites.  Probably because it involved bugs!



Clothes Pin Number Matching Game - place the number on the clothes pin to the right number of dots


Colored Popsicle Shape Game - create the shape with the popsicle sticks.  He loved this one!




Math Addition Busy Bag - add the beads to learn addition.  This was the one I made. Clink the title to see how.


Link and Pattern Game - make a pattern with the links that matches the patterns on the cards.





All my busy bags in their bags!  Busy bags are fun and inexpensive and make a great learning tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...