Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Asian Massage Review

Taken after my massage of the massage table
I have been having back pain off and on for about two years. Packing and moving boxes has really intensified the pain. That along with carrying an 18 month old and 3 year old around, can really wear out a back. I started seeing a chiropractor a few times a week and it's helped some but hasn't solved it. I talked with my friend who is a physical therapist and hope to see him but apparently, insurance companies require me to get a prescription from my doctor to see a PT. So, rather than take my kids and myself to a doctor's office filled with germs, I decided to try an Asian Massage first. I love natural remedies for things and have done acupuncture and have had success with homeopathy, so this seemed like the next logical step. Here is how it's different from a Swedish massage.

-the massage therapist gets on the massage table with you to really be able to work directly on top of you. I think the massage table is a little wider than traditional ones.
-she stretched my body. From my arms, to my legs.
-she used her hands to really pound on my body, including the bottom of my feet.
-she used a warm blanket to start with to warm up my body. When she was done, she used a warm, wet towel, to wash off the oil from my body. I thought that was nice. 

While I listened to the instrumental version of "Moon River," my pain was removed. I'm going to try it again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...