Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pengiun Hand Puppet

I'm involved in several different mommy groups. One of my groups is having a Christmas Toy Exchange. This is kind of like the busy bag swap except that you make a toy that can be put in a stocking for Christmas. There are 12 of us participating, which means we each need to make 12 small toys. I'm not very crafty so it was hard for me to think of something. After giving it some thought, I decided I would try and make some hand puppets. Originally I was going to make each child two, a penguin and a snowman. However, after realizing it was going to take me about an hour to make each hand puppet, I'm sewing them by hand (I really need a sewing machine), I realized I didn't have the time to make 24 hand puppets. So each child will only get 1. 

I think they are turning out cute. I used Blue Rock's hand as my model for size, since these are for the kids. Blue Rock LOVES them! He told me I was the best mom for making these and he's so excited about them. He told me he doesn't want me to stop at 12, he wants me to keep making them so that everyone in town can have one. Haha. What a cutie! Frankly, I don't have time to sew that much. Never the less, this has been a fun project and I'm looking forward to finishing these and seeing what everyone else makes. I'm actually really excited about this exchange because it means one less thing for me to buy for the kids for Christmas. Homemade gifts are always more fun anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...