Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter!

I love Easter and I love celebrating our risen Savior. We had a lovely Easter this year. Sadly, I had a lot of fun activities planned but we didn't get to all of them. Some of my husband's cousins came in town and we spent a lot of the weekend with them including eating dinner with them Friday and Saturday night and having them over on Saturday for lunch. Which we are so glad we got to see them and spent time with them! We love our family and anytime someone is in town we love getting together. Easter Sunday, after church, we hosted my family at our house for an Easter meal. My niece who was born 16 weeks early got to come over to our house for the first time. I'm so glad she's able to get out some.

I was hoping to make Hot Cross Buns like last year, make Resurrection Cookies, and read more Easter stories leading up to Easter like we do at Christmas, but being pregnant and having a busy toddler and homeschooling a kindergartener keeps me busier than I could have imagined as well as really tired. Maybe next year we'll continue some of our family traditions. 

We did dye eggs with Blue Rock and Princess helped some. I coordinated a neighborhood Easter egg hunt again and they enjoyed hunting for eggs with our neighbors. They also got baskets full of goodies Easter morning and had a fun Easter egg hunt in our living room. Overall I think we had a great day!


Kids in their Easter clothes

Hubby's cousins

Kids with their cousin from Boston

More cousins


Kids Easter baskets

Easter morning




Princess loved her new bunny and book











Sweet cousins
More sweet cousins



My grandmother with all of her great grandkids and grandkids except my sister.

My grandmother and her great-grandkids


We celebrated my sister's birthday as well






 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...