Thursday, May 14, 2015

This Year's Mother's Day

Ever since I lost my mom, Mother's Day has always been a hard holiday for me. I had a really incredible mother and life has not been the same since she passed away. It's also a day I miss my grandmother who was an amazing woman. Thankfully I am blessed with some wiser women who have been great mentors to me over the years. I wish my mother-in-law lived nearby so we could shower her with love. My dad took our family out to dinner Saturday night and we saw my step-mother, paternal grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousin, and my siblings which was nice.

Since having children, Mother's Day has become a little easier as my husband and children shower me with lots of love on Mother's Day. Not to mention, that I really love being a mom so this day is extra special. I also love watching my friends who are mothers. This year was no exception as my husband had some fun things planned. Blue Rock made me breakfast Saturday morning--since it's hard to get out the door on Sunday mornings. They bought me flowers and Blue Rock made me a sweet card with his favorite things about me. We ate at a new Thai restaurant for lunch and spent a lovely day together as a family. Saturday I set up a craft for the kids that I wanted them to do. Paint ended up all over them, the table, chairs, and the wall! It was messy! However, I'm really happy with the picture they made for me. This was Princess's first time to really paint. She actually wasn't too messy. Sadly, I think it was her big brother who got a little crazy with the paint. ;) Thankfully we have some paint to fix the wall. I also got my haircut! I'm looking forward to becoming a mom of 3! 2 years ago, I was finally content having one child. This year I'm expecting my 3rd in 3 months! God has blessed us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...