Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Curious George Birthday Party!

Princess just turned two and loves Curious George! We have a lot of his books and about a month ago I started letting her watch a show occasionally while I needed to tend to her baby brother. She loves both the books and the show and was excited to have a Curious George birthday party! The party was so much fun and all of the kids had a blast!

We had her party at home and kept it on the smaller size. Being January, we wanted to keep the kids inside and due to her age, having less kids is usually better. There were eleven kids there, that included two babies. I bought her a big Curious George cake and asked my baker to use pink icing instead of red. The colors for her party were pink and yellow. I made a few balloon center pieces for the big tables and put up a few birthday decorations. I also made a few games. I made a fishing game. I made the fish out of clothes that the kids had outgrew and I hadn't donated yet. They loved seeing their old clothes re-purposed! I also made a banana bean bag toss game where I drew a big George face and cut out a mouth. Then I sewed some bananas out of soft yellow fabric that I stuffed with rice. The kids loved tossing the bananas in George's mouth. I also made a pin the tail on Hundley game. I drew a tailless Hundley and then made about a dozen tails for the kids to try and put on him. For the little kids, I just let them walk over and put the tail on him. The older kids, we blind-folded them. They loved it! The winner won a sock monkey.  

To make the party extra special we bought a few costumes to surprise the birthday girl with a few guests. My husband dressed up as the Man with the Yellow Hat. I dressed up like Professor Wiseman (from the TV show, in the books, the professor is a man). We dressed up our baby as Curious George. Princess LOVED it!! She was so surprised. My sister was reading to her when we went to get dressed. All of the kids thought it was neat. Our older son, who loves Curious George too, thought it was a great idea! We surprised him as well. My husband made a great Man with the Yellow Hat! And we now have our costumes for next Halloween. 

Here are some pictures from the party. The games were cheap and easy to make. I also bought Curious George's Birthday Surprise book and had everyone who came to the party sign it. We splurged on the cake and costumes. I served strawberries, blueberries, fruit dip, chips, guacamole, and a variety of drinks. I bought a vegetable tray but completely forgot to pull it out of the fridge until the party was over. The party favors were bubbles, a bracelet, and some balloons. We made our daughter's day and that was the most important thing. 

Cutest George cake ever!!

I love the little George train toy they added

Some fruit, fruit dip, chips, and guacamole

A few decorations


Fishing game

Princess, Man in the Yellow Hat, Curious George, and Professor Wiseman

Such a great costume!

Family picture in costume - Baby George was a little upset

Cake time! I moved our small table to the middle of the kitchen dining area

Sweet friends


We let her open her presents at the party

Her friends wanted to watch her open their gifts



Feed George Banana Toss Game

Pin the Tail on Hundley




It's hard to get a group picture but I was determined to get one.
I have missed getting group pictures at the other parties.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...