Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is always bitter-sweet. It's the anniversary of the hardest and saddest day of my life, losing my beloved mother, but happy since it's a wonderful day to celebrate love and loving those who mean so much to you. It's been 22 years and I still miss my mom every.single.day!

This year, Blue Rock made Valentine's Day cards for his friends at school. They are doing a fundraiser so I thought it would be fun to incorporate the organic, fair trade chocolates into the cards. They turned out so cute! 

Blue Knight ended up catching RSV and tested positive for it last Thursday. Princess has a cold, which means there's a 99% chance that her cold is RSV, so the doctor advised us to mostly stay home and away from crowds through Sunday. We hated to miss church, but most likely that's where the kids caught RSV since it's going around there and we didn't want to risk spreading it even more! It was a 3 day weekend for my husband and the weather was beautiful, so we had some fun family time, mostly at home.

My husband was so sweet this year, he treated me to a one hour hot stone massage, which was heavenly, carrying two babies around is hard on your back! He bought me some chocolate covered strawberries, surprised me with cards the kids made and one he got me, and took us all out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory. We timed it where it was around Blue Knight's nap so we kept him isolated from everyone. Thankfully Princess's nose is no longer running and she's not sneezing which is how it's mostly spread. 

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day as well. It's a great day to tell those you love that you love them!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...