Wednesday, September 4, 2013

5 months, 20 weeks, more than half-way there!

This blog post brings me a lot of joy to write, as do all the previous blog posts about this pregnancy.  I'm now 5 months, 20 weeks, along in my pregnancy.  I say I'm more than half-way there because I know I'll have her before 40 weeks, probably sometime around the 37-38 week mark, unless she decides to come earlier. Blue Rock came naturally at 38 weeks and since I'm on blood thinners they'll most likely induce and not let me go longer than I was pregnant with Blue Rock.  I had a pretty fast labor and delivery with him. Overall I just want a healthy baby and want to be healthy as well.  Every day I wake up praising God.  Like I've said before, pregnancy for me, is a very scary thing.  I am trying to stay calm, have faith, and trust that God will take care of me and the baby. Last night I went to PowerSource, a Bible study with my Christian sisters from church that we do once a month.  I expressed my fears and they prayed over me.  I love having so many wonderful women who eagerly want to pray over and for me and my baby.  Blue Rock is getting more excited every day to meet his baby sister.  He's going to be such a good big brother.  I can't wait to see them together.  Hubby of course is super excited to have another child.  He'd love having 10 kids if God blessed us with that many. 

I think we've also decided on a name.  For a long time I wanted to name a daughter Megan and thought that sounded good with my son's name.  However, a few weeks ago I woke up from sleeping and all I could think of was naming her Grace.  The more I thought about it the more I love it!  Grace has such a wonderful meaning.  According to babynamewizard.com, the name means: Inspired by grace (eloquence or beauty of form, kindness, mercy, favor), which is derived from the Latin gratia (favor, thanks).  Which is perfect, as we are so thankful to God for this sweet miracle rainbow baby.  Also one of my favorite songs is Amazing Grace.  I also love how God has given us so much grace.  We'll probably call her Gracie which I think is such a sweet and pretty name as well.  For her middle name, I think I'm going to name her after my grandmother's maiden name.  Blue Rock has had names of his own.  He at first wanted to call her Belle, then Betsy.  He's coming around to the names Grace or Megan.  Depending on the time of day, he'll say, "okay, we can call my baby sister Grace or Megan, that will be okay."  Hubby loves the name Grace but is still pondering it.

Sunday I went to my first JBS and bought a few cute things for our daughter and a train piece for Blue Rock along with a costume.  It was fun shopping for girl things.  In a few weeks I'm hoping to try to sell our guest bed and move the play room in there and start setting up the baby's room.


How far along? 20 weeks
Baby’s size? The size of a banana - 10 inches long (head to heel)

Total weight gain/loss: About 15 lbs!   
Maternity clothes? Yes!  I bought some jeans and other maternity clothes this weekend as well.  My wardrobe is becoming pretty limited.

Stretch marks? The stretch marks from my first pregnancy are fading, must be my expanding belly.  Ha!
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good. I'm usually so exhausted by the end of the day that thankfully I fall asleep pretty quickly. Unless some unfortunate event keeps me awake.

Best moment this week: Taking Blue Rock to a beach that looked like the ocean!  It was a sandy shore at a lake nearby.
Miss Anything? Balance.  Starting to fell a little heavy out front. 

Movement: Yes!  
Food cravings: Varies by day!  Oddly lately I think I've been craving cow milk, which is something I stopped drinking for a long time.  Maybe I need more calcium.  I also crave salads from restaurants.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling pretty good.
Gender: Girl!!

Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Growing belly and lots of movement and kicking.

Belly Button in or out? Still in but is starting to get more flat.
Wedding rings on or off? Very tight. I bought a cheapy fake to wear for now.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and blessed! 
Looking forward to: Meeting Gracie!

Please pray for: A healthy baby and pregnancy.

1 comment:

  1. I know I don't get a vote :) but I LOVE the name Grace. Glad you are feeling well and baby's debut is getting nearer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...