Tuesday, September 3, 2013

No Sew Egg Costume


My cute little egg
Blue Rock loves eggs.  We've been talking about what he'd like to be for Halloween this year and among a shark and jellyfish, he said he'd really like to be an egg.  Not just any kind of egg, but a hard boiled egg.  I know it's early but I'm a big planner and don't like leaving anything to the last minute.  Also, since I've never seen an egg costume, I decided I would try and make my first Halloween costume ever!  Since I don't really sew, I wanted to make this as easy and cheap as possible, just in case it didn't turn out very good.  This ended up costing me nothing because I had all the materials I needed.  You could do the same thing and make a pumpkin or tomato costume, just use an orange or red shirt.

For my first costume, I think it's pretty cute.  I'm thinking about adding a hat and maybe adding words on the bag that say something like, "crack me if you can!"  If he ends up wearing this on Halloween or to any of the parties we go to, he can dress warm or cool.  I love how it's easy to wash and that it was free!  You really can't beat using what you have.  It also took me about 15 minutes to make. 

Egg Costume Materials

- 1 white shirt (I used one of Collin's)
- 1/4 in. elastic (I had 1/2 in elastic so I cut it in half)
- safety pins for "sewing"

Before you begin, measure around your child's legs and arms where the shirt will fall.  Cut the elastic a little bigger than their arms and waist or legs so it's comfortable for them.

All you need is 4 simple things
Cut a small hole at the bottom inside of the t-shirt.
Connect the safety pin to the elastic on both sides, so you won't lose it in the shirt.
Then sew through until the other side.


Remove safety pins and tie a knot when you've pulled the elastic through!


Do the same thing you did at the bottom of the shirt to the sleeves

It will like look this when you're done!

 
Put it on your child and stuff it with something.
I used a large plastic bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...