Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ground Beef Gyros

I'm participating in Secret Crunchy, which is kind of like secret Santa in December. The person who has me gifted me a membership to emeals. Anyone who knows me well, will know that I LOVE GREEK food! Seriously, it's one of my favorites. My past pregnancies have created a love of olives and I have always liked feta cheese. This recipe is simple and uses ground beef rather than lamb. Here is one of the recipes from emeals that I modified a little bit and made.

Ground Beef Gyros

Ingredients:
2/3 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup chopped seeded cucumber
2 tablespoons minced onion
1 teaspoon sugar
1 lb grass fed ground beef
2 teaspoons Greek or Mediterranean seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
6 pita bread rounds, cut in half
1 tomato, sliced thin
1 cup of lettuce, shredded

Directions:

Stir together yogurt, cucumber, onion, garlic, and sugar in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Combine beef, Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper and mix well. Shape into 6 patties. Preheat broiler. Broil patties in a broiler pan for 10 to 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Turn after cooking 5 minutes. Cut patties into thin slices; stuff into pitas. Add tomoto and lettuce to pitas and serve with yogurt sauce.

Serve with pita chips, hummus, carrots, and olives.

Thank you emeals and Secret Crunchy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...