Friday, August 1, 2014

Toilet Paper Popcorn Bird Feeder


This past week we studied quail. I thought it would be appropriate to make a bird feeder. Since I'm cheap and didn't have any bird seed, we used popcorn and a toilet paper roll. I have organic, non-gmo popcorn kernels that we popped and grabbed an empty tp roll from the recycling bin. 

We popped the kernels in a paper bag
I spread some peanut butter on a plate and had my son cover the toilet paper roll with peanut butter.

 
Then I put popcorn on another plate and he rolled the tp roll over the popcorn as well as stuck it on it.





Somebody had to sample it to make sure it tasted good. :)
Last, I put some string through the tp roll to hang it. My son ran outside to hang it on the tree.



This was a fun, cheap, and easy craft.



The next day all of the popcorn was gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...