Saturday, September 13, 2014

Princess is 8 months!

Dear Princess,

Today you are 8 months old! You are such a delight and joy in our lives! I'm a little sad how quickly this year is passing but also am enjoying seeing your personality blossom and watching you learn and grow. You have a wonderful and contagious laugh. I love how you'll find humor in the smallest and silliest things. Your smile is infectious! When I see you smiling, I smile. When you start laughing those around you often will start laughing.

One new milestone this month is you have started lounging forward when in a crawling stance. Usually, when you want to get something that is out of your reach you will scoot backwards and then roll over to it, which I think is creative. You roll a lot. I have to be very careful when you're on my bed. A few weeks ago you rolled off my bed and I felt horrible! Thankfully you were okay and landed on your belly. These past few weeks you have really wanted to crawl forward and have started almost hopping toward something. As much as you like to roll and crawl around, you really seem to prefer standing. Your legs are strong and you can take a few steps while holding onto our hands or something sturdy.

A few weeks ago you started clapping! We were in my bathroom when I first saw you do it. You had the biggest smile and laugh! 

You love music and will sing in your own way to songs that are playing. You love getting and giving kisses.  When I'm standing near you, you are now reaching out to me for me to pick you up. It's sweet. Your new words are "Dada" and "baba." Daddy is very happy you can say his name. You can also say a number of sounds for pre-words.  Your favorite word to say is still "Mama." This makes me happy. :)  We're trying to help you get used to more adults besides me and Dad. If you could spend all day with me, you would, which honestly for the most part, you do! Your second favorite people are Daddy and your brother. You are very fond of both. 

You have started eating a little more solid foods. You still mainly prefer to breastfeed. You've been waking up a lot at night and I realized two days ago that your first tooth is coming in! It's on the bottom and will break through your gums any day now.

You love books and seem to really like Goodnight Moon. When I get to the page that is the same as the cover you flip to the cover as if you notice it's the same. 

Currently you are taking two naps a day. One around 11 or 11:30 and the other around 3:30 or 4. Your naps last anywhere from 30 min to an hour. You sleep from around 8pm to 7:30am. Lately you've been waking up at night but I think it's because you're getting your first tooth.  

Some of your favorite toys are wooden puzzles, your standing play center, and really anything someone hands you. Recently I let you play with some toy pots and pans and you loved it! You also like balloons and rolling the ball with your brother.

Here are some sweet pictures of you on your 8th month of life. You are truly a beautiful and smart girl! We love you so much and thank God daily for you and your brother.

Love,
Mom










You were done!

Mom, I'm really, really done with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...