Monday, September 15, 2014

Roman Dinner Party

We just ended our 4th week of homeschooling. This past week we studied ancient Rome. Blue Rock learned about what the ancient Romans wore, how they lived, and what they ate. For fun, I decided to end our week with a Roman dinner party. Ancient Romans usually ate on the floor and many times they reclined on the floor and ate while on their bellies or on their side. If you know me well, you know this was a big step for me. I'm a shoes off, hands washed, no food except in the kitchen kind of mom. So getting to eat in the living room, especially on the floor, was a HUGE deal! I laid out a blanket and set our table. Ancient Romans didn't have forks but occasionally would use spoons. Mostly they ate with their hands, which is what we did. We had a nice feast and ended our feast with some Roman bread pudding that Blue Rock helped me make. The Bread Pudding recipe was in our book.


We ate chicken, carrots, broccoli, olives, grapes, cheese, and apples.







Eating like an ancient Roman on his belly

Cutting bread for our pudding

It was really good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...