Monday, May 6, 2013

Easiest Pie Crust Ever!

I made a quiche today and of course needed to make a pie crust.  This recipe came from my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, which is pretty much my go-to cookbook when I need simple and straight forward advice. They call it Easy Oil Pastry.  I'll just call it Easiest Pie Crust Ever!  I did modify it a little by using some whole wheat flour.  I also used all organic ingredients.  This took me all of 5 minutes to prepare.

Easiest Pie Crust Ever

1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour (if you don't have whole wheat flour add an extra 1/4 cup all-purpose flour)
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs sugar (I used organic turbinado sugar)
1/4 cup cooking oil (I used organic olive oil)
3 Tbs milk

In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, and salt.  Add oil and milk all at once to flour mixture.  Stir lightly with a fork (or use pastry cutter).  Form into a ball.  Press dough firmly onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate.  Fill and bake as directed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...