Monday, July 15, 2013

Baby Update 13 weeks

Since my husband and I have gone through so many miscarriages, we are truly thankful to God for this baby.  When I give myself shots every evening, it gives me a chance to sit still and pray.  I am joyful for morning sickness, which thankfully seems to be over.  We don't take having children for granted at all. One of my teachers from middle school and high school goes to church with me.  When I see her on Sundays she always says with joy in her voice, "well, you've made it another week!"  Every day that passes, every week that passes, I am thankful.

I had my second doctor's appointment this morning and had my 3rd ultrasound. They even did a 3D and 4D ultrasound. It was awesome seeing our baby move and praise God everything is looking perfect. Someone had told me to get a 3D and 4D ultrasound done I'd have to go somewhere special and pay extra money. I was so glad to find out that my doctor's office does it, which of course is included in my visit. Since I'm high risk I was already told I would have ultrasounds every visit until at least 20 weeks. However, today, since they saw I have a fibroid (I forgot to tell them), they want to do ultrasounds every visit throughout pregnancy. This means I get to see more precious pictures of my baby. It was a pleasant surprise to find out my doctor's office could do 3D and 4D ultrasounds. In Germany I had ultrasounds done every visit which included a CD with 3D and 4Ds and am glad to continue in the States. My doctor said not to worry about the fibroid they just have to watch them closely during pregnancy. I love my new doctor. She is awesome and just very caring. I feel like I'm going to see a friend every time I have an appointment.  I also love that I don't have to go to a separate facility to have ultrasounds done like I did with my last doctor.

Based on the last visit I thought I would be about 12.5 weeks. Today I measured 13 weeks, which is what I thought I would be originally. When I asked Blue Rock if he wanted to see pictures of his baby brother or sister he said yes! Then he said, "In a few minutes." I asked what in a few minutes. He said, "In a few minutes you will have my baby brother or sister." I told him I have about 6 more months to go. He is so excited to be a big brother.  Hopefully my next visit we will find out what we're having.  Do you think we'll have a boy or a girl?

Measuring 12 weeks, 6 days

The biggest craving I've had has been hot sauce.  There's just something magical about tomatoes, garlic, and onions.  Of course not all hot sauce is equal.  And lately I've been craving milk, which is not something I've really craved since Blue Rock was born.  Maybe I'm getting low on calcium. 

 

I've gained about 5 lbs which happened pretty quickly.  I'm not a huge fan of maternity shorts and pants so for now, I'll just buy a bigger size. :)

 

I can stop taking progesterone, hopefully.  They took a blood sample today.

 

I'll have to continue the lovenox injections throughout pregnancy and after.  I am getting better at giving myself the shots.  Less bruising than when I started. 

 

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lordthe fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.Psalm 127:3-5


2 comments:

  1. Thank you God! Thinking and praying for you and the baby, my friend. So happy for you and your family. God is Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mihaela! I'm praying everything is still going great for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...