Sunday, July 14, 2013

VBS, 4th of July, Tennis, and Music Camp

We have had a busy and fun summer so far. It's hard for me to stop and take time to blog about some of our adventures. A few weeks ago Blue Rock went to our church's Vacation Bible School (VBS) camp. Last year I helped out and taught everyday. This year since I was still in my 1st trimester I did not help. It was hard not volunteering and being there but I enjoyed the time off. The timing was perfect, it was Monday-Thursday 10am-3pm. It allowed Blue Rock and I to have a relaxing morning. He usually wakes up at 7am, sometimes earlier. Then he was able have a fun day with his friends and come home for a few hours before dinner. He had a great time. The program was cute on Wednesday night. Blue Rock even spoke in front of everyone and we could hear him sing during one of the songs he loves. Of course he also covered his ears during part of it because it was too loud. He does this during church sometimes too.

We had a wonderful 4th of July. My parents invited us to their neighborhood party and parade. We went last year. This year Blue Rock rode his bike in the parade. There were a lot of people and it was fun. There was a petting zoo and crafts to do at the end of the parade. The local firemen were there and Blue Rock got to see inside an American fire truck. It was smaller than the German fire trucks but was fun. That afternoon my siblings and their spouses came over to my parents and we cooked out and have a fun time.

Blue Rock is starting to learn how to play tennis. My brother is a tennis pro at one of the country clubs in town and he one of his coaches. I grew up playing competitive tennis and was on Team Texas a child. It's a fun sport and so far Blue Rock is having fun. He had to miss this last week since he had music camp.

Practicing ball balance

He hit a few balls over the net

His uncle teaching him how to hit a backhand
Last week Blue Rock went to music camp. It was Monday-Friday from 9am-1pm. He didn't know anyone but made some sweet friends while there. He wanted me to stay and watch him everyday for 4 hours. I stayed about an hour into it a few days. Other days I got some shopping done and cleaned my house. Friday they had a program at noon. My husband was able to come. Blue Rock did good. It's always a surprise when little kids are in a program. All the kids had to come up and introduce themselves before they started. He was hesitant to go on stage at first. Finally he did, after everyone else went. Then they sang some songs and played some instruments. Blue Rock even sang a solo, he was so cute! He's not big on being forced to be on stage. At church or anywhere else he loves getting on stage, if he's not told to. But when someone forces him to perform, he doesn't like it. I was proud of him that he stuck it out and it was fun to watch. The kids learned about the music families, got to play different instruments and had a good time. Here are a few pictures from music camp.

Introducing himself

Singing a solo to "5 Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree"

He did such a great job! We were very proud of him!

Playing the drums

Decided to sit down and play with the egg shakers
He started out singing and shaking them but this was kind of funny

2 comments:

  1. your blog is very best blog..?It have very interesting information about the summer camps…Summer camps are really great thing for the children for the spend their summer holidays gratefully…I really liked that information about the children…I really impressed to read all this great information..I really appreciated this great information…thanks for sharing all this great information..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello,
    what a nice post. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It will always be exciting to read through content from other writers and use something from their websites.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...