Friday, July 19, 2013

Frito Pie Salad

Frito Salad
Who doesn't like Fritos and Frito Pie?  This is a healthier version of Frito Pie.  I went to a pot luck recently and a friend of mine brought this salad.  It was delicious!  I decided to make a smaller serving for my husband and I tonight to go along with our Fettuccine Alfredo.  I served Blue Rock some tomatoes, chips, beans, and cheese.  He doesn't like lettuce.  This is a nice change from a regular salad and much healthier than a Frito Pie.  Here's the full recipe.

Frito Pie Salad

1 bag of romaine lettuce - you could probably use another kind if you wanted
2-3 diced tomatoes 
1-2 handfuls of shredded cheddar cheese 
1 can of ranch style beans (drained and lightly rinsed) 
Small bottle of Catalina dressing (I used French), eye ball this, you might not use the whole bottle
1 bag of Fritos. 
Add everything to a salad bowl and mix well.  You really just eye ball this recipe.  It's all added to taste.
 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this recipe. I had this at a church potluck and it was delicious. Now I can make some at home instead of waiting for them to put this out at church.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...