Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fall Sensory Bins

It's been a few years since I've made a sensory bin. I used to make these when Blue Rock was younger when we lived in Germany. One of our homeschool groups is having a Halloween Party and I got volunteered into making a few sensory bins. There's quite a range of ages in our group. I wanted a Fall theme but also a few things that could tie in with Halloween. I'm not a huge Halloween person but don't mind adding spiders and such to a sensory bin. You can call these Halloween Sensory Bins or Fall Sensory Bins. I made three bins: black, white, and Autumn themed. Blue Rock helped me put them together and seemed to have some fun with them. He liked the beans the most. I mean, who doesn't like sticking their hand in a bin of beans? Here are the bins I made and what's inside.

1. Black Sensory Bin. I used black beans as the base. Then I added some spiders, snakes, bats, black buttons, black bugs, and some black pipe cleaner bracelets I made.  Basically anything I could find that was black I added.  I started off including a few cat tails.  However, they were a feathery mess so I took it out.  I'll probably add a scoop or spoon to this one for the party.

What's in the black sensory bin

Helping add the beans
Finding and adding black objects to the bin
2. White Sensory Bin.  The base for this one was white spider web I got in the Halloween section at Walmart.  I added white buttons, white skulls, white pipe cleaners, and cotton balls.  This one has a lot of soft things in it.

White Sensory Bin

Playing with the spider web
3. Fall Sensory Bin. The base for this sensory bin was Autumn colored leaves.  I went to three stores looking for leaves.  I finally saw some at Michael's.  We added some red, orange, and yellow snakes, Fall colored pipe cleaners, an orange pumpkin, white pumpkin, different colored leaf buttons, sponge dinosaurs, fake berries, and bugs.

Fall Sensory Bin

Helping cut the leaves off of the vine
Here are some pictures of different supplies I got to put in the bins.  Some of the items I forgot to take pictures of. I bought these things at the Dollar Tree, Walmart, Sprouts (bulk section for extra black beans), and Michael's.  I ended up not using the spiral pasta, pinto beans, or cat tail.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...