Friday, November 1, 2013

2013 Halloween Fun!

Cute Fire Chief
While Halloween is not my favorite holiday, I still like doing something for it.  I'm not into scary costumes, although surprisingly, Blue Rock wanted a scary costume this year and was a little bummed when he found out his costume wasn't scare. He was a fire chief.  I think he really wanted to be a ghost.

Last weekend we had a few friends over and carved some pumpkins. This wasn't really a Halloween party but more of just let's get together and carve some pumpkins. The kids had a blast and it is always fun carving pumpkins with friends.

Yesterday after our homeschool co-op, we went to a homeschool Halloween party that was a lot of fun.  It's so nice to have so many great friends who homeschool.  It makes the best part of schooling (truly socializing with friends) that much better. I really love the family who hosts many of our large parties. Her daughter and Blue Rock play really well together and so does her younger son. They are just a really nice family. There were a lot of fun games, crafts, contests, the sensory bins I made, yummy food, and lots of fun with friends.

Last night my husband took Blue Rock trick-or-treating while I stayed home and passed out candy. Blue Rock was excited to get some candy and enjoyed walking around our neighborhood. 

After the guys got back home from trick-or-treating, I asked Blue ROck what kind of candy was he eating. He said "chocolate candy, it's my favorite!" I told him it was a Twix, he had never had a Twix before (he also only knows the name of M&Ms because of my parents, everything else that is chocolate is just chocolate). He ran and told his dad that he was eating a delicious trick! 

Here are a few pictures from this year's Halloween events. Hope your family had a wonderful evening as well!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...