Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Week 19: My Father's World K - Unit 15: Elephant

We just finished Unit 15: Elephant of My Father's World Kindergarten. Since Blue Rock started attending a preschool two days a week, it is now taking us about two weeks to get through one unit.

Verse: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 NIV
Theme: I will remember what God has done for me.

In Unit 15, we talked about elephants and how God made them big and strong. I was hoping to take the kids to the zoo but I wasn't sure if Gracie was up for it. Hopefully we'll go soon.

A lot has happened these past few weeks, I became an aunt! My sweet niece was born 3 months early and is in the NICU at the Children's Hospital. She's a fighter and just precious. Please keep her in your prayers.

We've spent as much time as we could outside when the weather is nice. Over Spring Break, I took Blue Rock and Princess to see a children's opera. This year we saw The Ugly Duckling. My dad came with us which was really neat. Princess slept through most of it. Blue Rock loved it. He also went to tennis camp two days and has been having soccer practice and games each week. Blue Rock has also been collecting seeds and planting them in various pots in our backyard. He loves collecting bugs and bringing them inside to show me. I always remind him to not bring them inside as I sometimes scream like a little girl. He's ALL boy!

Blue Rock loves art. He loves to paint and draw pictures. I'm trying to incorporate things he's interested into our schooling. Monday we did a shaving cream color experiment. He loved it. Yesterday we made an ice snowman. I'll post a link soon.

One day we read a book about making igloos and decided to make igloos out of marsh mellows for our snack. Blue Rock even made me a silly face with blueberries and a tomato one day. I love his creativity. There is never a dull moment.


Building a marsh mellow igloo

A snack he made for me

Soccer practice

Tennis camp

He's a pretty fast runner

He was doing great hitting the tennis ball over the net

At one of his friend's birthday party

One morning he made three primary colors in glasses and a bottle using his paints

He also made a huge mess!

Sadly he lost the paint for a while.

At the playground at the hospital when we visited his cousin

Doing some school work

He made an obstacle course in our living room

Kissing little sister

Ready for our color experiment

He liked all the bags of colors

Reading the words

Making a story book


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...