Sunday, March 30, 2014

Inexpensive Baby Bow Holder

I've been looking for a good storage solution to store all of my daughter's headband bows.  I went to Hobby Lobby and didn't find what I was looking for. After feeding the ducks yesterday, I came home and looked at my oatmeal container. That would be perfect! I went to Target today, grabbed some wrapping paper that was on sale for $.50 and four paper bows for $.50, then came home and made a beautiful and inexpensive baby bow holder that cost less than $.50 total since I have more than half of the wrapping paper left as well as 3 more bows to use. As I eat more oatmeal, I'll use the containers and make more. I can probably make 3-4 of these with the $1 supplies I bought today. Since my family will eat the oatmeal, I'm not including that in my cost. For an infant the smaller oatmeal containers work best. When she's a toddler you could make one using the larger containers. This is a great way to up-cycle something you were going to throw away anyway.

How to make a cute bow holder

Supplies

- Empty Oatmeal Container
- Wrapping Paper or construction paper
- Paper Bow, optional
- Tape

Directions

Wipe out the oatmeal container with a damp paper towel. Then cut some wrapping and tape it to the oatmeal container. Tape a pretty paper bow on top. Add your headband bows and you're done. Cheap, simple, fast, and practical! I made this in less than 5 minutes while my baby lay next to me on the floor.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...