Sunday, October 5, 2014

Easy Halloween Banner

This is another project that came to me while I was sleeping and was woken up by my baby. I made my first Halloween decoration.  Halloween is not my favorite holiday but it's fun seeing neighborhood kids and letting the kids dress up. I have never decorated for Halloween before but wanted to do something small this year. After looking at all the expensive decor, I decided to make my own. I made a felt banner that says, "Happy Halloween!" This project cost less than $5 to make. I used two large sheets of orange felt and two black sheets of self adhesive black felt. Then I hand drew my template and the letters and hand sewed them together. It took less than 30 minutes to make. Here is the step-by-step process. I think I might make banners for other holidays and birthdays in the future. I was very happy with how it turned out. This was a fun project your older kids could help with too.

I made a template from some paper and traced it on the felt
I used two large orange felt pieces and was able to get 9 per piece
Then I hand wrote HAPPY HALLOWEEN on sticky felt
After I got out the triangles, I cut the letters and stuck them on!
I cut out a few bats but decided not to add them.
Then I took black thread and thread the flags together
I added a little spider web from the Dollar Store and my mantle is finished

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...