Thursday, October 16, 2014

How to Make Mini Pumpkin Candles

I love Autumn! I love seeing all of the pumpkins and being outside enjoying the mildly cool weather we have in Texas. I am also always thinking of fun things to do with the kids. Recently I decided to try making candles. We made soap last year and that was fun. This year I decided to take some cute mini pumpkins and make candles out of them. I had never made candles before and these turned out great and were pretty easy to make! You could make these for Halloween and/or Thanksgiving! Here is how you mini pumpkin candles. 

Mini Pumpkin Beeswax Candles

- Candle Making Kit (use a coupon), the kit includes everything you need except pumpkins! I didn't use the wax from the kit, though.
- Beeswax Wax (I used organic beeswax for all of the benefits of beeswax), purchase pellets if you can, it would be much easier than trying to chop a block of wax
- Organic coconut oil, this helps the wax not crack once in your pumpkin

First, cut a round hole on top of the mini pumpkins and scoop the insides out. Rinse with water and turn upside down to dry some. 

Heat the wax on the stove until melted and added some organic coconut oil. Use a double boiler or the pitcher in some water on your stove. The coconut oil will help the wax not crack. Then put a wick in your pumpkins. Once the wax is melted, quickly and carefully pour the wax on top. After the wax is cool, they are ready! They smell really nice. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...