Sunday, October 5, 2014

How to make a Felt Tooth Fairy Pillow

This is probably the cutest and cheapest project I've made in a very long time. Blue Rock is about to lose his first tooth. I have been looking for the right tooth fairy pillow but haven't found it. So I decided to make my own. I love how it turned out but more than anything, Blue Rock loves it! It's his special tooth pillow and it cost less than $1 to make. Felt at Michael's is $0.29 each. I needed three sheets and didn't use it all. I usually go to Hobby Lobby but decided to stop by Michael's today. Since I don't know how to use my sewing machine, I hand sewed this. I also stuffed it with cotton balls since I didn't have any batting. I already had the thread and cotton balls.  Blue Rock liked it so much he wrote his name on it with a marker. He's looking forward to losing his first tooth and getting his first visit from the Tooth Fairy. The guys had fun making felt mustaches when we were done.

I bought three sheets of felt, white, blue, and pink. I had black, red, and blue thread to sew it all together. I hand drew the template with computer paper for the tooth. Then I sewed on the eyes, mouth, and back pocket for the tooth. Then I sewed everything together and let Blue Rock help me stuff it. It took me about an hour with both kids on the floor with me "helping" in some way or other.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...