Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hot/Cold Rice Hand and Neck Packs

I finally got a sewing machine that I can use! My grandmother gave me a Singer Feather Weight 12 years ago but I never got the hang of using it. For Christmas this year, my husband bought me one. I got a Brother CS6000i sewing machine. I love it! My first project was making some hot/cold hand and neck warmers for Christmas gifts. Over the course of 3 days, I made 6 neck warmers and 9 hand warmer sets of 2. Here is a picture of a few of them. I made some in a few other colors but forgot to take a picture before giving them away.


This was a great first sewing project. I'm just learning how to use a sewing machine and I thought these gifts would be personal and useful. To make them, I cut cotton fabric at the length I wanted for the neck warmers and the length I wanted for the hand warmers. I also cut flannel to line the inside of the warmers. I sewed them inside out like you would a pillow. Then I turned them right-side out and filled them with rice. Then I sewed the end up. To use, you heat the neck warmers in the microwave for 1 minute. For the hand warmers heat for about 20-30 seconds. You can also put these in the freezer in the summer to cool you down. I loved my first sewing project and hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...