Saturday, December 27, 2014

How I sewed boys shorts without a pattern

I made my first clothing item for my son today! I made him a pair of shorts. I bought some flannel to line the inside of my rice hot/cold packs and my son wanted shorts made out of it. I have always wanted to learn how to make clothes. I love the idea of custom clothing. I don't know how to read a pattern, yet, so I took a pair of his pajama pants and studied them. Then I cut some fabric and sewed it together.  When it was almost done, I put the shorts on him to see how long/short I wanted them. I hemmed them and then added an elastic waste, which was easier than I though it would be. The whole project took me about an hour. I think they turned out cute and my son loves them, which is the most important thing! He wore them the rest of the day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...