Thursday, December 17, 2015

How to make a Bib out of a Onesie

He loved his new bib!
Blue Knight is growing so incredibly fast! Since it's unlikely that we'll be having anymore babies, we've been giving most of his clothes away. He's starting to teeth and has been drooling a lot lately. Since I don't have any boy bibs, I decided to make some. Poor guy gets enough pink things in his life, like his car seat from big sister.

 These bibs are super easy and cheap to make! I had never made a bib before and wasn't sure how to do this but I knew I wanted to make some bibs out of his clothes that he outgrew. After looking at his clothes, I realized the most simple bib to make would be one from a onesie. Then we could just pull one over his head when needed. No Velcro or snaps to mess with. I could not find any instructions online for making a bib out of a onesie so I figured it out and decided to post for you to try and make it for your baby or a friend's baby. Once I figured it out, I found it quick and easy. It took about 10 minutes per bib after making the first one. Not mention it's a great way to up-cycle something you no longer need into a usable thing. I'm posting pictures between two bibs I made since I didn't get a complete step-by-step from one of them. I love finding useful sewing projects I can complete in 10 minutes or less!!  

Materials:

-Onesie
-3-ply prefold cloth diaper cut in half (you can make two per cloth diaper). Or use minky or another    absorbent fabric for the back. I just used what I had on-hand.
-Thread
- Sewing machine

Directions:

Cut bottom of a onesie off. Cut the sides up past the sleeves but leave the neck part intact. Cut the back of the onesie off leaving a few inches.



It should look like this once you're done cutting
Cut the prefold cloth diaper in half. Turn the onesie face-down, pin to the cloth diaper with the opening part facing down. Pin the cloth diaper to the onesie face-down and cut off the extra sides of the cloth diaper but still leave an inch or two around the onesie.


Now you're ready to sew

 Sew the sides and bottom together. 

  

Turn the onesie right side out and sew the top to close. That's it! You're done!!





Put the bib on your baby! Congratulations! You made the easiest bib ever!




Now make another one or two.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...