Tuesday, December 8, 2015

How to Make an Ugly Sweater

I went to my first Christmas Ugly Sweater party this past weekend. I didn't know what I was going to wear and I honestly try to avoid shopping, especially for clothes, with my three kiddos. No problem, I decided to look in my husband's closet, found an old sweater and decided I could put something together and create my own ugly sweater.

I took some felt and cut out an oval-like shape for a reindeer's head. I added some felt eyes, nose, and antlers. I hot glued the pieces of the head together. Then I loosely hand sewed the reindeer's face to the old sweater and that was it! The perfect, cheap, ugly sweater! After the party, I cut the thread, released the reindeer's head and washed the sweater like normal. No permanent damage done. You could do this with anything. I thought about making a snowman sweater after I had made this reindeer sweater. That would be cute and easy as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...