Monday, December 14, 2015

Reversible Felt Tic-Tac-Toe and Checkers Board

I'm making each kid a special gift this Christmas. I made Princess a busy book, Blue Knight some baby shoes, and Blue Rock a felt game board. On one large white square, I made a tic-tac-toe board and also made some X and O pieces uses two colors of felt. That way you can choose to be the same or different colors. On another large white piece of felt, I sewed 64 squares to make a checkers or chess board.  I did not make pieces for it, although Blue Rock asked if I would make some checker pieces. I figured we could just use something we already had on hand. If I get some time, I may cut out and make some checker pieces. He thought it was really neat and we've played tic-tac-toe a number of times already. Once both sides were complete, I sewed them back to back to create one reversible game board. It turned out really neat! It was pretty time consuming and took me a number of days to work on it. The tic-tac-toe board didn't take too long, but the checkers board did. I let him pick out the colors for both games. He loved it! This would also make an inexpensive gift if you're on a budget. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...