Friday, August 23, 2013

18 Weeks!

First self picture.

I'm in my 18th week of pregnancy. I have to say, my little girl is already moving and kicking hard. Yesterday she was really kicking around my rib cage. I had difficulty bending over to do anything because of feeling her up there. My mother-in-law told me today that an old wives tale is that women carry girls high and boys low. I don't remember Blue Rock kicking me in my ribs, but he may have.

18 weeks marks a big milestone from my pregnancy with Blue Rock.  When I was pregnant with Blue Rock, at 18 weeks, I was finally released from being house bound. I was not immune to rubella and once we discovered that, my German doctor told me I had to stop going anywhere. No more volunteering, I couldn't get a job (we had recently moved to Germany), go to church, etc. It was difficult but the risks to a baby if a mother got rubella during the first 18 weeks of pregnancy are not worth taking a chance.

Other than that, I'm just excited that we're almost half-way there. We're still tossing around names. I'd like to go ahead and decide on one. I also bought my first little girl clothes today. I bought two swimsuits for next summer so she can swim with her big brother and a little sister outfit. I can't wait to meet her!

How far along? 18 weeks
Baby’s size? The size of a bell pepper - 5 1/2 inches long (head to rump)

Total weight gain/loss: About 14 lbs, starting to feel pretty big. I also have a fibroid that is growing pretty big, I think that is contributing to my weight gain.
Maternity clothes? Yes, and love them!

Stretch marks? Only from my first pregnancy.
Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good. I'm usually so exhausted by the end of the day that thankfully I fall asleep pretty quickly.

Best moment this week: When Blue Rock wanted to buy his baby sister something from Target. So sweet!
Miss Anything? Being able to ride my bike. I'm really taking it easy and trying not to overdo it. I'm also starting to feel a little off balance. When we went to the circus last weekend, I first noticed it when climbing a lot of stairs.

Movement: Yes! Especially up high.
Food cravings: Hot sauce and Marble Slab Ice Cream, oh I need more ice cream!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Long car rides and if I get too hot. I'm trying to stay indoors for the most part.
Gender: Girl!!

Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Growing belly and lots of movement and kicking.

Belly Button in or out? Still in but is starting to get more flat.
Wedding rings on or off? Very tight. I bought a cheapy fake to wear for now.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and blessed!
Looking forward to: Deciding on a name.

Please pray for: A healthy baby and pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...