Sunday, August 25, 2013

How to Organize My Father's World Kindergarten

My son is going through My Father's World Kindergarten this year.  I was so excited when I received everything but wasn't sure how to organize it.  I bought the Deluxe Package along with the Literature Collection to go along with the kindergarten curriculum and we are also going through Sonlight P4/5.  Therefore, we have a lot of books which are not including books we already own and relate to the curriculum or books we'll get from the library.  Can you tell I majored in English?  This is also how I organized Sonlight P4/5.

How I organized My Father's World Kindergarten

I bought a 2in white binder with a clear pocket front.  I placed the cover page for the student sheets in front.  Then I used page protectors to hold various things such as the letters and pictures for the Short Vowel Song, Bingo Game, Number and ABC chart, extra calendar pages, etc.  Then I added 26 number labels and put each week or letter's activities behind one page protector.  As I see things that go along with the week I want to add, I add them to the page protector.  If the page protectors get full, I'll just add the rest of the week in another one behind it.  I keep the 100 Chart and current month's calendar page in the front pocket to pull out easily.  Once my son completes a week, I'm going to hole punch his work or put it in a page protector at the back of the binder behind the week's tab.  At the end of the year we'll have a completed binder full of this year's work.  I store everything in a blue basket I got at Walmart along with all the books and the 100 Days Cup and sticks.  Each morning I get out the basket and everything is right there.  At the end of the week, I change the books out for the next week's books.  We are on week 2, and finishing Creation.  Once we start Unit 1, I'll add the Cuisenaire® Rods Alphabet Book and Rods to the basket along with anything else we'll be using that week.

Here are some pictures of how I have organized this.

Teacher's Manual and Student Sheets that I put in a binder
On the left in the pocket is the 100 Chart and behind that is the current month's calendar

Extra things I'll use throughout the year stored in page protectors up front

Unit 1: S - I store the character card on the front page

Things we are going to be doing during Unit 1.
We are using Wordy Worm so I added 2 pages from them.
I also added a dot paint page and a maze.  I'll add more once I look over the week.

Unit 2: M

How I store all the books and binders.  The rest of the books are on a bookshelf.
The art supplies are up high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...