Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School Gift

Last year after Blue Rock's first day of preschool, I took him on a picnic at the park.  This year I wanted to give him a back to school gift.  I honestly didn't think about doing this until today.  I think I'm going to start doing this every year.  I want to get him something that has to do with learning that he's into.  I went to a homeschool convention last Spring and bought this gift.  I had been waiting for the right time to give it to him.  I wrapped it up to make it extra special.  He was so excited and surprised to get something.  Since today is our 6th day of homeschooling and we studied Day 6 of Creation as part of our schooling, I thought this would be perfect.  It's a scissor kit with animals.  Day 6, God created animals and people.  This fit perfectly with our theme!  I asked him which animal he would like to make and he chose a monkey, not surprisingly. 

Do you give your children a back to school gift?
   
A present for me?

I love opening presents!

Scissors and animals!

Cutting out the monkey

Gluing on the eyes

He wanted to add a mouth

My awesome monkey! Can you guess what he named him?  George!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...