Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas this year. Last year I was very depressed around this time. I had just had my fourth miscarriage and was just sad. What a year makes! Now I'm 36 weeks pregnant with a very active girl. The week before Christmas was hard. The three of us all got sick. I got bronchitis, my husband got strep throat and the flu, and Blue Rock got the flu. How I didn't get the flu, I have no clue but I am glad I didn't. I felt like I had it, though. It was a tough week.

We spent Christmas at my parents' house, since I'm unable to travel this close to delivery. I really wish my husband's parents lived closer. It's hard having them live so far away and it would have been nice to have them join us. I honestly love spending Christmas morning at home. As a child some of my favorite memories were waking up Christmas morning and running to see what was under the Christmas tree. Since this was Blue Rock's last year as an only child, he got some really great gifts! He was so sweet when we asked him what he wanted for Christmas. He wanted a bubble gumball machine and toys for his baby sister. He ended up getting more than that and was surprised and excited! His big gifts were a Leappad Ultra Tablet with some games and a Jeep he could drive. He has always liked my Kindle but broke the screen so I decided to get him his own kid-proof tablet that doesn't have direct access to the internet. He loves driving his friend's jeep, and so that was another big surprise for him. He also got the gumball machine, and some smaller gifts and games.

During Christmas we remember Jesus' birth, like we do throughout the year and we think about our loved ones who are no longer with us.  This was my first Christmas that my maternal grandmother has not been on earth.  I made her famous praline cake and finally nailed it. She would have been so proud. She made this cake every year and it was one of our favorites. I also wish my mom was here to celebrate with us and meet her grandson and see her granddaughter who is about to be born. All that being said, we are truly blessed and loved seeing everyone we got to see and spending time with my family. We also enjoyed getting all the beautiful Christmas cards from friends and family. I hope everyone had a really nice Christmas!

Christmas Eve he got to open a gift!

It was his Leappad Tablet

He was excited about the Magic School Bus game

My Christmas Eve gift

Hubby's Christmas Eve gift

Christmas Eve dinner, we had steak, peas, carrots, and white asparagus

Cookies for Santa

Christmas morning. Stocking time!

Blue Rock's first car!

He loves his blue jeep!

This is a fun game, it's a Scooby Doo game.

Our mantle

Opening presents at my parents. His aunts giving him their gifts.

He got a magnifying glass from my parents and loved it!

Sweet boy in front the Christmas tree

After he opened his gifts he wanted to go home and play with them all

Merry Christmas!

Picture with my dad

Big family picture with my siblings, their halves, parents, cousin, uncle, and grandmother

My maternal grandmother's Praline cake, one of the best cakes ever!
Blue Rock got another big surprise on Christmas, he got to see Santa and Mrs. Claus!

We hope your family had a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...