Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 16: My Father's World K - Unit 12: Goat

We are half-way done with our school year!  I originally was planning on doing school this week but I think we might go on Christmas break early.  I know we'll take some time off once the baby arrives.  We just have a lot planned between now and Christmas.  I love that Blue Rock loves school so much and learning.  The biggest accomplishment last week was he read his first stage 1 book all by himself.  I was super impressed! He memorizes books so easily that I never know if he's fully reading or just reciting. So I brought out a new book and he read about 90% of the words. He's really caught onto a number of site words and can sound out CVC words easily. I didn't read until I was probably 5 or 6. But every kid is different and Blue Rock has always had an interest in language and words. I think he gets this from his dad. :)

Last week we did Unit 12: Goat from My Father's World Kindergarten.  The major point was Jesus died for our sins. We talked about how people used to sacrifice animals in the old testament for their sins and then Jesus came and he was sacrificed for our sins and we no longer have to sacrifice animals.

Verse: For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -John 3:16 NIV

I'll post some pictures from last week but not go into great deal about each day. Like I mentioned earlier, his reading is improving greatly and he's enjoying learning how to read and spell new words. We also talked about reading a clock and different animals found on a farm. Our magnet this week was a goat. We played a matching game where he matched baby animals with their mothers. We did some rhyming, sang songs, and had fun. The Hand-in-Hand Christmas party at church was last week so we went to that. Friday we ended with a field trip to see Frosty the Snowman with one of our homeschool groups. This was Blue Rock's first professional play to see. He liked it. My husband was able to come with us and we ate lunch downtown after the play was over.

Writing words

Drew some pictures and wrote what he drew below

He wanted to draw a really big picture!

Handwriting practice

Cutting out some animals for our song

Mooo!!

Playing his instrument he made

Learning to read a clock

Animal matching game

He made an animal book

Riding on Daddy

Writing words

He tore up 116 squares of toilet paper, we counted them all!

Drawing pictures

He drew and wrote glass marble, glasses, grass, and balloon

My cute boys!

Frosty the Snowman play

Before the show began!

Reading sentences and matching them to the picture

Coloring

He lined up different contains and made a xylophone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...