Friday, June 5, 2015

How to Make Slime

I have wanted to make slime with my kids for a while now.  To make sure we made some, I included it as one of the activities in our Fun Jar. Low and behold, it was the first stick my son picked. If you have 5 minutes, you can make this! Allow plenty of time for your child to play with it.

Making slime was really easy and doesn't take very long. Blue Rock made it, I just supervised. He thought it was really neat. And yes, when you first mix it, your hands will turn the color of the food coloring. However, once it's all mixed well we noticed the color no longer stuck to our hands. 

Easy Slime Recipe

Here's what you need:

2 bowls, water, glue, food coloring, and borax

1st bowl mix:
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup of glue
several drops of food coloring

2nd bowl mix: (I just used a Pyrex Measuring Cup)
1/2 cup of warm water
1/2 tsp borax

Once both bowls are mixed well, add the 2nd bowl mix to the first. I had Blue Rock use a wooden stick to stir everything. Mix well then use your hands. You can drain some of the extra water if you want. The mixture will all stick together and create slime. Princess even had fun playing with it. Just be careful not to let your child put it in their mouth because of the borax and glue. When done, store in a plastic bag.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...