Wednesday, June 3, 2015

How to Make Your Own Crayon Etching Page

I wrote previously about buying some homeschool bundle books, which by the way, these books are awesome even if you don't homeschool. I got this idea from another book called Hands-On Art Activities by Marcia K. Washburn. I was able to easily transfer all of the e-books that I wanted to my Kindle and can access them on my Kindle, phone, or computer.

For our first art project from this book we did Crayon Etching. I gave us each a white piece of copy paper. We colored a shape with different bright colors. Then we covered the shape with a thick coat of black crayon. You have to completely cover the layer underneath. Last we took a pencil and drew a picture or wrote a name, we even played tic-tac-toe. The colors came through the black layer, revealing the colors beneath. Blue Rock loved it! We found that lighter colors worked best such as yellow, pink, and light green.

We talked about the neat color of surprises hiding under the black crayon. Then we talked about how even on the toughest days, God can still bring blessings to our lives. Romans 8:28 (NIV): "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...